Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday Findings!

Hey everyone! So...here it is. The first Friday Findings post! (I realize there are only two hours until it's not Friday anymore, but today it's sort of a "better-late-than-never" sort of thing.)
This week features a YUMMY recipe that I discovered on Pinterest. (My downfall.)
It's called Tunnel of Fudge cake. Behold the yumminess!
Tunnel of Fudge Cake Recipe  I tried it and it totally works!
So, my dad specifically asked for something similar to this for his birthday. Here's how the conversation went:
Me: So, Dad. You told me before what you wanted for your birthday but I can't remember.
Dad: Oh, it's ok. I don't think you can make it.
Me: Wot? Excuse me?
Dad: I mean...!
Me: Challenge Accepted!
Sister: Ha ha ha! Look at her face! That is a serious face. 

So I did a little digging around and found a recipe that was close to what he remembered from a favorite childhood dessert and found this recipe. It's pretty easy. You just throw everything together and go from there. All the ingredients are common kitchen ingredients. The only expensive part would be the walnuts, and I was assured that the walnuts are a must.
One thing to keep in mind when making this. It only takes about 45 minutes to cook but THEN you have to let it cool for three and a half hours for the fudge in the middle to settle/form. Here's a few pictures of the experience:








If you want to try it out you can find it HERE on Pilsbury.com. Thanks for checking it out! Have a wonderful day! See you next time!
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment