Monday, November 7, 2011

Halloween recaps!

I ALMOST got this posted back in October, but SO many things happened! (Celebrating Halloween all weekend long for one, then the start of NaNoWriMo and a quick trip to Vegas for one thing!) So, I'll catch you up on all those, but we'll start with Halloween.
First of all, NO ONE (save for Nan and Eredolyn) knew who I was! Amy Pond people! Come ON! I guess I need to hang out with nerdier people like myself.
For you non-nerds out there, Amy Pond is a character from the British TV show Doctor Who. In one episode they run into aliens that make you forget you've seen them, which is why Amy, Rory, River, and the Doctor carry around sharpie markers, making tallies when they see the aliens. The aliens are called The Silence, and are said to be the scariest aliens of all time on Doctor Who, but I think the Weeping Angels are FAR more terrifying. Rumor was there was one wandering around Provo on Halloween, but we couldn't find it. (Which, all things considered, was probably a good thing! Here's a clip from the episode with the Weeping Angels if you're interested: Don't Blink.)
Ere and I hung out and she looked great in her steam punk costume as well! We also ran into someone dressed as River Song and they kindly let me pose with their sonic screwdriver! It was a fabulous evening.

The other awesome thing I did for Halloween was go to the Haunted Village at This is the Place Monument. This is the ONLY haunted house/village/forest/corn maze thing I will visit since I HATE being scared. Don't get me wrong, it's still scary, but you go, you get scared and you go home. End of story. There's no lingering scare once you leave which is what I love. Resolution. Closure. It's what I do.
The setup was different than last owing to the fact that there was a story line of a grave robber wandering around with terrified village people looking for him. Oh, and I vastly improved since last year. I think I left Ere behind three or four times the year before, too scared to stay behind as the actors chased after us and tried to corner us. I'd turn tail and run, leaving Ere behind to deal with them. This year I did not leave her once, but I may have used her as a human shield at one point. :) Someone jumped down from the ceiling (FOR REAL!) and I instinctively grabbed Ere and pulled her in front of me. Sorry!

2 comments:

  1. haha the part about the haunted village brought a smile to my face! So glad I went with you guys!! By the way, Whitney and I checked in that one room with the glass on the floor that we all wanted to know what it was...pretty sure it was a mirror reflecting the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know! I was WAY too scared to look down in case something jumped out at me!

    ReplyDelete