Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Getting exactly what you ask for...

Hey everyone! Just wanted to give a quick shout out and say HELLO! The beginning of this new year got off to a rocky start but is starting to slowly pick up and improve. So far:

  • I'm going to be an auntie in May!!! Auntie Em. It has a nice ring to it, don't you think? We've got another girl making her way to our clan (Ok, so technically she'll be a Fuller), and we are SO excited to meet her when she gets here! 
  • I've got a couple of sweet freelance gigs going on and a part time job with a new company to help pass the time so THAT'S awesome! I'm writing LOTS of articles for the website and am up against a deadline which makes me stressed out yet really productive all at the same time. I'll be sure to let you know more once we get it up and going. (And I say "we", but I really mean the people who own the company.)
  • AND...I was just called as Ward Choir Director at church!

I've noticed lately that Heavenly Father is sending a LOT of blessings my way lately, which I sometimes feel that I don't deserve because I've been such a whiner. But wow! I really am SO excited to be Choir Director.
Again.
(A brief history: Our church asks its members to volunteer their time as Sunday School teachers, organists, clerks etc. You serve for a while, then someone else is called when you're done. This way everyone gets to do a bit of everything. Got it? Ok, moving on.)
Anyway, I've been a Ward Choir director twice already.Once was for this very ward a few years ago for a few brief months then it was off to college and a mission. Then I was called as Choir Director for the Sandy YSA ward 4 weeks before I moved out! The choir performed a BEAUTIFUL song my last day there. Let me tell you, I was crying as I pulled out of the church parking lot that day. (Shout out for the Sandy Heights Ward: I MISS YOU ALL!)
This past Sunday I got out of bed and knelt down for morning prayers and tried to really make it heartfelt (rather than rushing through them like I've been doing lately), and I asked Heavenly Father for help with making friends in this ward. What happens? I wasn't even in the church building for two minutes when I was pulled aside and asked to serve the Lord through music.
I will admit that I totally did a fist pump. He really knows what He's doing. I just have to remember that everything will work out in the end. And if it hasn't worked out yet, then it's not the end.
So there's a bit about me, but I'd really like to hear about YOU guys! How's 2012 treating you so far? What have you been doing? Fill me in!

1 comment:

  1. YOu are sooooo awesome Em. Seriously. Choir director is totally for you! You'll do awesome and of course you'll make lots and lots of friends that way too- good luck1! And yeah for fist pumps. :D Sooo happy for you Auntie Em!

    ReplyDelete