Friday, September 30, 2011

California Dreamin'

Back in February I wrote a post on being so super busy and said, "You know, I get SO busy and run around ragged that all I do is dream of having an entire day to myself."
Well, I got my wish back in June. My team at work had to downsize and I was let go. I was SO SAD! I made some awesome friends there and was sad to say goodbye. (Thank goodness for Facebook and texting.) So I found myself with quite a bit of unexpected free time, which I took full advantage of and promptly took a road trip to Cali with Tuima and Eredolyn to visit Dilly.
Dilly took us on a whirlwind tour of the little town and made sure we saw the local seals, much to Eredolyn's delight. We then spent a good portion of the day at the City Aquarium and wow. All I can say is WOW.





After a brief rest we hit the Fisherman's Wharf. And yes, I AM wearing a coat. It was July, but it was COLD!



We hit 17 Mile Drive on Sunday and had a blast. A 17 mile drive along some of the prettiest parts of California with best friends and awesome music blasting in the background like Fairground, Undying Love, City of Lovers, and New Tail.





(I took a couple of me, just to prove I was there! :)


The rocks were Awfully hard.
Also, some guy's surfboard washed up on shore. He did too eventually, alive and well. But I wanted a pic before he made it back!





This trip was all about indulgence and the Ghirardelli Chocolate Store was NO disappointment.





Next Part Deux!

1 comment:

  1. Were you in Monterey/Carmel?? I lived there for 18 months of my life and went back there to get married at Lovers Point! I would live there tomorrow if I could only afford it :(

    ReplyDelete